Sunday, January 9, 2011

Zydeco Fans' Warm Embrace Beats The Cold Outside

A bitter night outside, but a warm, inviting evening with a cozy group at Zydeco on High last night. We tried out a number of our original songs, mixed with some great standards.

After the first set, my husband and I took the opportunity during the break to split some of the great jumbalaya that Miss Mozell Devereaux serves at her place, which opened first week of November. Zydeco's holds a special place in my heart because I was honored to played here the night Miss Mozell opened the doors to a capacity crowd.

A special treat last night was being joined on stage by my song writing partner of some 25 years, Lew Wexler.

My co-writer Lew Wexler, and Shaun Booker Band bassist Ron "Hendu" Henderson, at the mike at right last night at Zydeco On High.


We also had our new CDs and DVDs on hand, and a number of people bought copies. There is no feeling in the world that can compare with knowing that someone thinks enough of your music they want to take you home with them.

I'm taking it easy this afternoon after two long nights on stage, but I think back on last night . . . The crowd was small, but you would never know it by the enthusiasm, energy and love in the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment