Friday, January 7, 2011

BTW, I Won A Contest

I won a contest late last year, and I am headed to Memphis, Tenn. with my band. The guys and I will be there competing against the very best blues groups at the International Blues Challenge. We are representing Central Ohio in the competition!

Its hard for me to self promote (it is difficult to talk about myself and the band that way), but I'll be talking about the IBC more in future posts. We are raising money for the trip with a special fundraising performance on January 22 at Roadhouse 66 in the Worthington area of Columbus. And we are selling performance DVDs and CDs. Details will be coming on my website, http://www.shaunbooker.com/.

Memphis Or Bust! That's my motto these days. I will be writing about it a little more next week. I've got gigs tonight and tomorrow night and need to get ready for those.

For all of my long time fans, and whoever is new that I might pick up along the way, thanks for visiting my new blog and coming on this journey with me. I'm still figuring it out. But working without a net has been the way I do things. See you online or in a club soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment